Wednesday 25 November 2009

experimenting with origami




I have been attempting to teach myself origami, it's actually harder than it looks! I've done a few things with paper that you can see above. I love the effect that you can see in the bottom photograph. As part of my wedding materials idea, I have also pressed some flower petals and leaves and dipped them in resin. I'm not sure if the effect has been very successful so I am going to try some other techniques. I have also laser cut an origami pattern on some wood which looks quite nice. I have a board in the studio that will display all of the materials I am using. I am finding it quite hard to transfer origami folding techniques to solid materials but I am trying to think outside the box to create some unusual results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment